The Royal International Air Tattoo, 11-13 July, Fairford, UK
The UK´s Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford on July 11-13 is claimed to be the world´s largest military airshow. Come and see the A400M new generation airlifter due to enter RAF service this year as well as the C295 transport and maritime patrol aircraft. And for the first time we are showing the Atlante unmanned aerial system.
Aircraft at the show:
In 2015 a total of 247 aircraft from 19 nations took part and forty-three military chiefs were also represented. The highlights included a massed flypast of vintage warbirds to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and the ever-popular Vulcan XH558 made its final Air Tattoo appearances before it retired at the end of last year.
The Royal International Air Tattoo attracts an audience of 130,000 visitors to RAF Fairford in the Cotswolds each July. They include 6,000 corporate guests and more than 1,400 international military personnel, representing 31 countries.
- Attendance a sell-out of 150,000 people over the 3 days
- 97% rated the Royal International Air Tattoo 'very good or good'
- 82% said they 'definitely/probably' intend to visit in 2016
Profile of attendees
- 77% 16+ and 23% aged 15 or under
- 76% Male and 24% Female
- 66% are ABC1
- 37% come with their family
- 32% come with a partner/friend
- Average ticket, enclosure upgrade and programme transaction spend - circa £52 per head
- From the end of Air Tattoo 2014 to Air Tattoo 2015, airtattoo.com attracted 835,404 unique visitors
- From the end of Air Tattoo 2014 to Air Tattoo 2015, airtattoo.com received 6,960,340 total page views
- Over 84% of tickets were purchased online for 2015
- 56,000+ Facebook likes
- 30,000+ Twitter followers
- 9,300,000 YouTube Views (lifetime views)
For more information visit the official event page.