Kochi Airport suspends operations after water level rise
Cochin International Airport in Kochi (India) became non-operational due to a rise in Periyar river and a canal adjacent to the airport.
Cochin International Airport (COK) informed that all aircraft operations are suspended due to the flood until 3 pm on August 11, 2019.
Nine flights are affected and are either diverted or canceled:
1. Air Asia Intl. canceled on August 8 and 9
2. Qatar today's flight diverted to TVM
3. Oman flights on August 10,11,12 will be operated from TVM
4. Kuwait August 9 and 10 flight canceled
5. Fly Dubai will be operating from TVM on August 9
6. Gulf Air canceled on August 9 and 10.
7. AI 510 will be operating from TVM on August 9
8. All Air India flights on August 10 will be operating from TVM
9. All pax traveling by today's EK532/533 has been rebooked to TVM, SMS sent by Airlines
The heavy water flow in the Periyar river has once again started on August 8, 2019. Red alert has been issued in nine affected districts: Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, and Kasargod. The natural disaster has already claimed 14 lives since August 8, 2019.
Last year, due to the same disaster, the airport was shut for 14 days, due to which it suffered an estimated loss of $2.4-2.7 million (Rs 220-250 crore).
Wizzair to open 2 new bases despite the current situation.
Hungarian low-cost carrier Wizzair has announced that the airline will open 2 new bases with addition of numerous new ro...
Final two bidders for Virgin Australia to be revealed next week
Deloitte, the administrator of Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd, is expected to announce the final two preferable bidders t...
Airbus A400M gained certification for Automatic Low Level Flight
The new generation airlifter Airbus A400M achieved Automatic Low Level Flight certification, which is a significant mile...
“Hibernating” Norwegian doubles losses in Q1
Unsurprisingly, the long-haul low-cost airline, Norwegian, posted a net loss in Q1 2020. The airline, which is currently...
No option of bankruptcy for American Airlines, CEO says
Speaking at a conference on May 27, 2020, Doug Parker, CEO of American Airlines, shared his views on a perspective for t...