5 Fun Facts About The New Airbus A380 Lufthansa Livery
5 Fun Facts About The New Airbus A380 Lufthansa Livery2018 was a special year for Lufthansa. As they continued successful passenger services across the globe, they picked up where they left off in 2017. Being one of the biggest carriers in the world and the biggest in Europe, you would think there is not much room to grow. But there is another reason why 2018 is very special to Lufthansa. It is the 100th anniversary of its symbol, the Crane. Otto Firle made the logo in 1918 for the “Deutsche Luft-Reederei”, a company which was a predecessor to “Luft Hansa”, which is a predecessor to the current Lufthansa. Throughout the years the crane has become an integral part of the company. Because of the 100th anniversary, the airline has decided to rebrand in order to further modernize itself. Eventually, everything that Lufthansa owns will be rebranded. Lufthansa has scheduled the last aircraft to be repainted in 2025. It was a special day at the airline – their first Airbus A380, named Tokyo, was repainted. The aircraft arrived in Munich from Guangzhou, China. Lufthansa scheduled the debut flight to fly to Miami. Knowing the impressive size of the A380, you know there are some fun facts about the new livery!
5. The immense size of the aircraftThe Airbus A380 is 24 meters tall, which is equal to 5 giraffes. Its 72.7 meters long equaling to 2 Blue whales. Also, it has an 80-meter wingspan. At its maximum width, a soccer field is 90 meters wide!
4. Logo on the tailfinThe famous Lufthansa Crane on the tailfin of the A380 is a whopping 6 meters in diameter. To compare, the Rolls-Royce Trent 970B engines used on the aircraft has a diameter of 2.95 meters. Just imagine how huge the logo is! Painters worked 20 meters above the ground to paint the logo.
3. Enough paint to cover a soccer fieldA lot of paint was used during the process. To illustrate how much, painters had to cover over 4200 square meters of surface area of the aircraft – which equals to a standard soccer field!
2. Very Large LettersThe letters of the logo are 1.9 meters tall. Considering that the average male height in Europe is 1.77 meters, those are indeed very large letters!
1. It looks good!Well, it does! In my opinion, it looks a lot better in the new, truly modern livery. It’s simple, yet at the same time, it is stunning. You can compare the old versus the new livery for yourself: The new Airbus A380 Lufthansa Livery The old Airbus A380 Lufthansa Livery https://www.youtube.com/embed/JTnQFm38kt8Source
AF447: Air France sent back to court, case dismissed for Airbus
The Paris Public Prosecutor has requested Air France to face trial for manslaughter and negligence in the training of pi...
Lufthansa, BA suspend Cairo flights citing security concerns
Lufthansa and British Airways abruptly suspend all flights to Cairo for seven days over security concerns. ...
US military condemns Venezuela “aggressive” interception [Video]
The United States military accuses a Venezuelan SU-30 Flanker fighter jet of following a U.S. Navy EP-3 Aries “at...