It’s not everyday that you see a high-flying, high-paying job opening that’s fit for the movies.
American video streaming service company Netflix is advertising for the role of a flight attendant on the company’s private jet based out of San Jose, California.
“This is a lead position for a Northern California-based Flight Attendant, and the right candidate will be professionally trained in cabin and passenger safety and aircraft emergency evacuation,” the company stated in its job description.
Netflix also said that the perfect candidate must demonstrate independent judgment, “discretion and outstanding customer service skills necessary to provide a seamless experience for our passengers.”
The salary range that Netflix is offering for the position is $60,000 – $385,000.
Duties of a Netflix flight attendant
Netflix is looking for a lead and primary flight attendant for its Gulfstream G550 business jet, and some of the duties include:
- Maintaining and provisioning the company’s San Jose, California stockroom
- Represent Netflix Aviation professionally whilst performing the duties of the position
- Ensure that Netflix Aviation’s goals for safety, security and highest quality service are met.
- Perform pre-flight inspection of all cabin, galley and cockpit emergency equipment.
- Conduct safety briefings and emergency procedures prior to each flight and ensure that the cabin is secure prior to taxi, takeoff and landing.
Netflix Aviation jobs
Netflix operates its own aviation department to organize and facilitate travel for its staff and those under company contract.
Apart from the flight attendant role, Netflix is also currently hiring an aircraft maintenance technician based in Burbank, California, and a pilot based in Los Gatos, California.