Video has emerged of cabin crew tackling flames after a passenger’s power bank overheated and caught fire on a Scoot Airbus A320 flight to Singapore.
The incident took place on January 10, 2023, when the Airbus A320neo aircraft was preparing for departure at Taipei Taoyuan International Airport (TPE), according to Flightradar24.com data. The plane, registered 9V-TNE, was scheduled to operate flight TR993 to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN), but when it was taxiing on the runway for takeoff, passengers informed cabin crew members that a fire had broken out onboard.
The footage, which was shared on social media by one of the incident witnesses, shows flight attendants putting out flames in the cabin filled with smoke.
Two travelers experienced minor finger burns, The Straits Times reported.
In a statement seen by local media, the Taipei-based air carrier rescheduled the flight and promised that it would cover accommodation and incident related costs for all affected passengers.